Christ’s work of salvation for us is finished.
- Now where remission of these (sins and iniquities) is, there is no more offering for sin.
- “When Jesus, therefore had received the vinegar, he said, ‘It is finished:’ and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.”
And from Hebrews 10:1-25
Forgiveness gives us boldness.
- Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest (the presence of God) by the blood of Jesus; by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
- And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Forgiveness gives us assurance.
- Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Forgiveness leads to the ability to love and to do good works.
- And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: